Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Arriving at the Quaintest Place on Earth

I’m in England! I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long that I can hardly believe that I’m actually here. Could it be a dream? Am I seriously going to live this far away from home for 6 months? It’s incredible. And England is incredible! The quaint countryside and the fluffy sheep always seem to be beckoning to me for a walk. I’ve met so many great people here from around the world. Everyone is so friendly and eager to meet new people. Over the past few days, I’ve been settling into my small room with my 3 roommates. We’re all 19 years old. Emily is from Spokane, WA *represent!*, Laura is from Alberta, Canada, and Merethe is from Norway! Merethe came with her friend Anne Elisabeth, so now I have two wonderful Norwegian friends. We just started our first day of lectures yesterday and we have some really good speakers. I’m really starting to get excited for the activities to come, like outreach, small groups, and trips around England. We’re going on a walk this weekend from Cumbria to Ambleside in the Lake District. Well, that’s my introduction to Capernwray. I’m trying to transition and get used to this new routine. I have been enjoying it so far, so I’m sure I’ll enjoy the rest of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment