Monday, April 25, 2011

Starting new in Sweden

Greetings from Sweden!

I arrived here at Holsby Brunn for Bible school on April 2. I've been exploring the Swedish forest, learning new things, and making new friends. Before I arrived, I had been traveling for two weeks, discovering Europe, and enjoying the company of old and new friends. It started out in London after leaving my dear friends at Capernwray. I spent a nice two days with my friends Kate and Alaina in a penthouse on the 31st floor of a fancy hotel. We stayed there for free! (Alaina's dad has connections) Then I met up with my sister Anna for two more nights. It was so wonderful to see her again. She is by far my best friend and I trust her more than anyone else, so therefore she was a great traveling companion. We had fun in London and Anna made a point to bring me to a true English pub to try my first beer, as the drinking age in England is 18. After those two nights in London, we flew over to Aarhus, Denmark to stay with Anna's Capernwray friend, Eva, for another two nights. That was fun to see the city, walk through the picturesque old town, and learn about Danish culture. Then we flew to Leiden, the Netherlands to stay with Anna's other Capernwray friend, Rosa for three nights. I really loved Leiden. It was a beautiful small city filled with canals, bikes, pancake houses, churches, and windmills. Imagine Amsterdam, but smaller, prettier, more peaceful, full of college students, and not quite so promiscuous. I met some of Rosa's friends that live in her dorm and made some good friends. Anna and I definitely enjoyed the Netherlands immensely. Then Anna had to go home for college. I had another week left of break, so I stayed with my old Capernwray roommate, Merethe, in Norway. She lives near Oslo, but for a couple days, we went to visit our friend Anne Elisabeth in the South of Norway, which was beautiful. She pretty much lived in the middle of nowhere, right on a fjord. So that is the extent of my travels. It was great, but I must say I much prefer settling down in one place for an extended period of time. I can't believe how fast my time is flying now that I'm here. I'm trying to enjoy every bit of it.

Rosa, Anna, and me enjoying Leiden


No comments:

Post a Comment